1. Why Grant Specialty?
Because we do the searching, streamlining, and researching for you! While other companies provide a search capable service, we do it for you. You get only the relevant grant opportunities you want . . . when you want them. No more hours of wasted searching, aggravation, or lost opportunities. You can have it all at your fingertips. Yes, it’s that easy.
2. Do you take Purchase Orders (POs)?
Yes! Complete the required fields on the online form, check the "Pay by PO" box, and complete the subscription process. You will receive an e-mail with payment instructions. Once we receive and verify your purchase order, your service will begin.
3. How are monthly plans billed?
Monthly plans are automatically billed by Grant Specialty each month on the anniversary of your start date. You can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. However, please note that subscription fees are non-refundable and there is no proration of your subscription charge. If you cancel your subscription before the end of your subscription period, your account will remain active until the end of your subscription period.
4. Do you offer annual plans?
Yes. If you choose an annual plan, this plan will be automatically billed by Grant Specialty each year on the anniversary of your start date. You can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that subscription fees are non-refundable and there is no proration of your subscription charge. If you cancel your subscription before the end of your subscription period, your account will remain active until the end of your subscription period.
5. How are annual plans billed?
Subscribing on a monthly basis with an annual contract means that you are committing to a twelve (12) month contract. You will be automatically billed or your credit card will be charged, each month, on a recurring basis on the anniversary date of your subscription, for a period of 12 months. If you choose to cancel your subscription prior to the end of the 12-month subscription term, your credit card will be charged up to a thirty (30) day penalty fee, based on when during the subscription term you notify Grant Specialty of your intent to cancel your subscription. You will continue to have access to the service through the penalty period for which you are charged. If you wish to discontinue your 12-month contract for the following year, contact customer service at email@example.com prior to the next month’s billing date in the new 12-month term. Monthly with annual contract subscriptions are available to subscribers paying by check or credit card. If the credit card expires during the subscription term, the account will be suspended until a new credit card is provided. Please note that subscriptions are non-refundable.
6. Can I pay by check?
Monthly and Annual subscribers can choose to pay by check during the online subscription process. Complete the required fields on the online form, check the "Pay by check" box, and complete the subscription process. You will receive an e-mail with payment instructions. When we receive your initial payment by check, you will receive a confirmation e-mail to let you know that your account has been activated.
7. How secure is credit card information?
Our credit card partners each encrypt all personal information when you place an order online. Providing encrypted information online is as safe as giving it to someone over the phone.
8. Do you distribute personal information?
9. Do you offer Enterprise (institution-wide) site licenses, or offer public library system licenses?
No. Not at this time.
10. Can I share my account with others in my office?
11. Can I access my subscription from more than one computer?
Yes, but any access belongs only to you and must be kept confidential as per our Terms of Service (TOS) as found at grantspecialty.com.
12. Where does Grant Specialty get its data?
The data found in Grant Specialty is compiled from IRS information returns (Forms 990 and 990-PF), websites, annual reports, printed application guidelines, philanthropic press, and various other sources. In all, the Grant Specialty's staff monitors hundreds of information sources to verify details. Our team may also use such communication as through telephone calls, surveys, and electronic reporting.
13. How frequently is data updated?
14. Is corporate giving information included?
Our research is based specifically to grants. We do not specifically or separately include corporate giving as a line item, but do include grants that come through the very same corporate giving. However, certain grants may provide data elements such as business activities, financial data, corporate officers, board of directors, subsidiaries, divisions, offices, and international operations.
15. Is Grant Specialty useful across the United States?
Yes. Because you choose a Subscription as to what type of grant and what grants are available in the area you want searched, we check and provide a detailed list of grants that are specific to your specified state or states.
16. Does Grant Specialty offer international grant opportunities?
Although some grants have a provision for international organizations to apply, our focus is primarily fixed on grants and awards within the United States of America, its Territories, and Possessions.
17. Are grants limited to individuals included?
Occasionally a grant may be posted that does not limit personal application, but our focus is for schools, nonprofits, and business across the USA.
18. How many search fields are available per report?
There are nine (9) provided fields on each report:
- Alerts - there are four (4) alerts: Alerts of
- any grants about to expire in 1-5 days.
- newly posted grants.
- grants posted in the last seven (7) days.
- any grant that has been changed or modified.
- Primary - contains grant Information, like name of the grant supporter, writer, etc.
- Program/Grant - offers a quick view of what the grant's name, area, or program.
- Link - this area provides a web link for the grant.
- Award Amount - shows the dollar amount (US) available for the award.
- Focus/Summary - offers a focused overview of the grant.
- Eligibility - requirements, if any, as to any restrictions on award.
- Due Date - provides the date the grant must be received by the grant.
- Notes - contains any relevant notes beyond those offered in fields (1-8) above.
19. What type of support is available?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support. We'll be glad to help. Please provide a phone number and a time when you can best be reached.
20. What are the dollar sizes of available grants?
Typically, grants posted are between $100 to $50,000,000. HOWEVER, grants are more than money. Some grants dealing with equipment and service donations, as well as those offering vouchers or discounts, will be posted when appropriate. For example, some grants may provide equipment rather than money; others may provide both money and equipment; and others may also offer free design services, large discounts from specific manufacturers, or some other perk.